Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Couple Testimonies from Oil Users

Today’s post are 2 stories from the Compliance Department for their experiences with using essential oils in the spring and summer months and we hope you enjoy! The first is from Ben, one of our compliance supervisors:

My whole life I have had a struggle in the spring and summer months and I know I am not the only one that experiences these issues. When I was a kid, I had to get help to manage the symptoms that would make me so miserable while trees were blooming and especially when I was around freshly cut grass. Five years ago, my wife and I were invited to attend a dōTERRA essential oils class taught by my sister-in-law. I agreed to go, but was quite skeptical and did not think the oils would help me at all. During the class, my sister-in-law asked if anyone was struggling with the changing of the seasons. Since that was something I had trouble with, I raised my hand and she asked me to try the oils. Still skeptical, I held out my hand as she dropped lavender, lemon, and peppermint onto it. I rubbed my hands together, cupped them over my face, and breathed in. While I was not instantly convinced, I could feel a difference. Something was happening with my eyes and my nose and I felt great.

Ever since that day, I have kept sample vials of those three oils with me at all times. There are still weeks in the summertime that I need extra support. One of my favorite times to use this combination aromatically is right before I mow the lawn to keep me protected against the effects grass can have on my immune system. I also enjoy using these oils for their additional benefits: lavender makes me happy, peppermint helps me feel energized, and lemon keeps me clear and aware. 

Our next story is an entertaining one that comes from our department manager:

I was working outside one day and I noticed that the cracks in my driveway had been overtaken by ants. There were thousands of them! In my rush to resolve this problem in the quickest possible manner, I decided fire was my best option.  A few hours later I returned to inspect the ant colony only to find they were still there. Honestly, I was frustrated but also impressed.  Maybe we could learn to co-exist.  I would control the boundaries from the basketball hoop to the eastern gate, and the ants would control the western boundaries ending at the sidewalk.  As I searched for paper and pen to draft new property boundaries I stumbled across a bottle of Peppermint. I recalled my essential oil training and how Peppermint can be used as a safe and effective bug repellent.  I liberally dropped the oil in the cracks and all around where the ants were to see if that would do anything.  When I came back to it later, the ants were gone.
 
To go along with that story, dōTERRA Science published an article that highlights good oils to use to repel insects in all situations and why it works. You can read that article here:https://doterra.com/US/en/brochures-magazines-doterra-living-spring-essential-science-bug-off. Have a great week!

For more info on LemonLavender, and Peppermint click on each name.
If you would like to get an account I would love to help you. Please reach out or go here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this helps you. Love to hear from you. Is there anything you would like to hear about? Just leave it in the comments and I’ll try to help.

Valentines Day is Around the Corner

Valentine’s Day is here and that means either one of two things. Either you are excited for a fun romantic date out with your loved one ooo...